Wangari’s Trees of Peace: A True Story from Africa

Wangari’s Trees of Peace: A True Story from Africa written by Jeanette Winter is a book about real-life and the environment. in the book and real life a girl named Wangari and she won a scholarship to go to America.  When she returned the forest was chopped down, so she decided to grow tree in the Kenya. The women got abuse and everybody just ignored them, the greenbelt movement and people grow tree now over thirty million but once where none trees. There is a connection I made is the natural I have been to, in Beijing there once were tree and everything, but when I return to visit from Canada most of them are gone and new buildings rises and was built high. It make me wonder about why they cut them down. The connection that I made to the text is I read books about the environment and all of them saids we shall protect them in the book. The connection I made to the world is a bunch of newspapers says about this stuff and sometime go the the headlines, but still everyone barely cares. Connections I made to the Media is people are talking about the environment and posting their solutions online and people could discuss it. In the book, the Illustration is really easy to see and understand. All in all this book is a very good book for people who cares about the environment.

Image result for Wangari's Trees of Peace: A True Story from Africa